As I wanted this plushy to be based on an existing spider species, I first Googled for pictures of one of the coolest spiders I know, the tarantula! The picture was used for general measurements which I then multiplying by 10, calculated how much fabric I would need and went out and probably bought enough to make two (I always buy extra just in case). I again used fleece as it is a great fabric to use for these kinds of things, it’s durable and really soft! This plushy was going to be really large, about one by two meters, so I decided not to put it together by hand. With help of my mother I cut out all the sections and she used the sowing machine to put it all together. Funny little side note, I’m not at all afraid of spiders but I couldn’t have the tarantula picture lying around in plain sight as I found it very unnerving.